Jenn's Baby Shower Planning
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

food jen likes

3 posters

Go down

food jen likes Empty food jen likes

Post  kdance742 Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:51 pm

Food I like is pretty simple basically any finger foods will work for me. Sandwiches, pin wheels, shrimp ring, veggie tray, fruit tray, meatballs, any kind of dip, cheese tray, pasta salad, etc. I am not picky, just more variety is good!

kdance742

Back to top Go down

food jen likes Empty Re: food jen likes

Post  Admin Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:41 am

I think that's what Jenn wants too. Nik is running the food train, so she can decide what would be best. Also, I think we should get some pasteries too, like mini muffins, etc if we do the 11am time.

Admin
Admin

https://kerleybabyshower.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

food jen likes Empty Sample Menu

Post  nicolepavey Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:54 pm

I was thinking of foods with little to no prep since we are all coming out of town and are in a time crunch. I came up with a sample menu:

Ordered foods:
pinwheels (ordered from the target deli)
the entertainer (ordered from publix deli; they are mini sandwiches.. i think chicken salad, tuna, and something else maybe. Jenn loves them)
cuban sandwiches (ordered from publix deli)

Put together the morning of:
veggie tray
fruit tray or like a cheese grapes and apples,, not sure which?!?!?
relish tray (Jenn has this weird obsession with relish trays, so we HAVE to have one lol)
pasta salad
spinach dip (bread bowl or chips, or something else? not sure what to do with it)
deviled eggs (we thought those would be something easy and not so expensive to make. BUT I think we are staying in a hotel so I wouldn't be able to make them until the morning. not sure if that will be enough time)
hummus & pita chips (public makes an amazing hummus)

Drinks:
mimosas (I can't pick up the champagne but I can grab the orange juice when I get the other stuff)
sangria (I have no idea what's in that, But if you let me know I can pick up the stuff minus the alcohol... not sure exactly but doesn't that have to like sit and soak for a day or two??)
pink lemonade (We could put it in the fountain)
water

Do we need to have any other drinks tooo??

So far thats all I can come up with. What do yall think? Is that enough food?

Would we make the muffins/pastries or should we order them?? I might be able to get a deal if we get them from the bakery doing the cake and cupcakes.

nicolepavey

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:08 pm

Nik, that sounds perfect. I will handle all the drinks (mimosas, sangria and pink lemonade) to make it a little easier. Just get regular cokes and stuff. For pastries, we can just get some premade things from the bakery at publix. We dont have to do that, I just thought it would be good to have some sweets too. Make sure you keep track of what you spend so we can all split it in the end. The food may be one of the biggest costs.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kdance742 Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:24 pm

i think we should def have some sweets since we are having mimosas. i can makes stuff too. if you want i can make the pasta salad.. my mom can make this buffalo chicken dip she made for my engagement party it was awesome.

kdance742

Back to top Go down

Post  nicolepavey Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:05 pm

That sounds great about the pasta salad & the buffalo chicken dip sounds really good too. Let me know if yall have any more food ideas!!

I think having the sweets are a good idea!

nicolepavey

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:13 pm

The buffalo dip sounds yummy! Nik, what do you think that food is going to end up costing you? I can cover the cost of the cupcakes and maybe Kelly could get the boxes, ribbon and stickers. That way we can split the cost. The cake and food is going to be the most and I don't want you to have to do that by yourself.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nicolepavey Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Here is what I have for the food:

For the cubanitos, entertainer, and pinwheels the platters are going to be $100 total

Estimating, all the other food will be about $70.

For the plates, cake plates, napkins, cups, and silverware i'm just going with different plain colors. About $30-$40 for those.

*For the pastries, is Diana still working with Panera Bread? Maybe she could get some pastries and muffins etc. from the bakery.

*Also, is someone able to make the deviled eggs? They should only be a few bucks to make i'm just not able to make them.

nicolepavey

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:19 pm

My mom can do the deviled eggs. It will be easiest and no one will have to transport them. The food seems pretty reasonable and the times we chose should be close enough to breakfast that people won't show up starving expecting us to supply a ton of food. My mom is a great host and would probably like to help out with the cost of things too, so we can probably expect $100 from her.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

food jen likes Empty plates?

Post  kdance742 Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:46 pm

if your getting plain colored plates cant u get them at the dollar store?

kdance742

Back to top Go down

Post  nicolepavey Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:33 pm

I didn't even think about that, but that's a good idea. I'll check the dollar store, and then as a last resort go to walmart.

nicolepavey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum